ACADEMIC ACTIVITY AND CAREER
Roberto Cubelli is Full Professor of General Psychology at the Department of Psychology and Cognitive Sciences of the University of Trento. He has been head of the Department of Cognitive Sciences and Education and Chair of the Ph.D. Program in Cognitive and Brain Sciences at the University of Trento. He is adjunct Professor of Neuropsychology at the Faculty of Psychology at the University of Padova.
He is Managing Editor of the international journal “Cortex”.
Roberto Cubelli works in the field of cognitive neuropsychology and psycholinguistics, and is interested in picture naming, written word recognition, reading and writing, and verbal memory. He published several studies on international journals. He runs cooperative research with teams at the Department of Psychology, University of Edinburgh (UK).
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Treccani B., Cubelli R., Della Sala S., Umiltà C. (2009), “Interaction between Stimulus-Stimulus Congruency and Stimulus-Response Correspondence in a Flanker-Simon Task”, Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, Vol. 62, pp. 1784-1804;
- Tessari A., Ottoboni G., Symes E., Cubelli R. (2010) “Hand processing depends on the implicit access to a spatially and bio-mechanically organized structural description of the body”, Neuropsychologia, Vol. 48, pp. 681–688;
- Cubelli R. (2010) “A new taxonomy of memory and forgetting” in Della Sala, S. (Ed) Forgetting, Hove: Psychology Press, Ch. 3, pp. 35-47;
- Balboni G., Taglieri J.A., Cubelli R. (2010) “A Comparative Study of the Concurrent and the Predictive validity of the Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test and Raven Matrices”, Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, Vol. 28, pp. 222-235;
- Paolieri D., Lotto L., Morales L., Bajo T., Cubelli R., Job R. (2010) “Grammatical gender processing in Romance Languages: Evidence from bare noun production in Italian and Spanish”, European Journal of Cognitive Psychology, Vol. 22, pp. 335-347;
- Paolieri D., Cubelli R., Morales L., Bajo T., Lotto L., Job R. (2010) “Grammatical gender processing in Italian and Spanish bilinguals”, Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, Vol. 63, pp. 1631-1645;
- Cubelli, R., Paolieri, D., Lotto, L., Job, R. (2011) “The Effect of Grammatical Gender on Object Categorisation”, Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory & Cognition, Vol. 37, pp. 449-460;
- Cubelli, R., Beschin, N., Della Sala, S. (2011) “Ipsilateral neglect for non-verbal stimuli following left brain damage”, Cortex, Vol. 47, pp. 899-901;
- Parra, M.R., Cubelli, R, Della Sala, S. (2011) “Lack of colour integration in visual short-term memory binding”, Memory and Cognition, Vol. 39, pp. 1187-1197;
- Treccani B., Cubelli R., Sellaro R., Umiltà C., Della Sala S. (2012) “Dissociation between Awareness and Spatial coding: Evidence from Unilateral Neglect”, Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, Vol. 24, pp. 854-867;
- Belacchi C, Cubelli R. (2012) “Implicit Knowledge of Grammatical Gender in Preschool Children”, Journal of Psycholinguist Research, Vol. 41, pp. 295-310;
- Sellaro R., Treccani B., Rubichi S., Cubelli R. (2013) “When co-action eliminates the Simon effect: disentangling the impact of co-acto’s presence and task sharing on joint-task performance”, Frontiers in Psychology, Vol. 4, p. 844;
- Beschin N., Cisari C., Cubelli R., Della Sala S. (in press) “Prose reading in neglect” Brain and Cognition;
- Parra M., Fabi K.; Luzzi S.; Cubelli R.; Hernandez Valdez M.; Della Sala S. (in press) “Relational and conjunctive binding functions dissociate in short-term memory”, Neurocase;
- Cubelli R. , Della Sala S., Beschin N., McIntosh R.D. (in press) “Distance-mediated spatial neglect”, Neurocase.