EDUCATION AND CAREER
Kansas State University, Ph.D., 1981.
California State University, Fullerton, M.A., 1976.
California State University, Fullerton, B.A., 1974.
Mount San Antonio College, A.A., 1972.
1979-present: Department of Psychology, Indiana University Southeast, New Albany, Indiana USA.
1997 to present: Director, Shyness Research Institute, Indiana University Southeast.
2014: Past-President, Italian American Psychology Assembly.
The examination of the intrapersonal and interpersonal processes and expression of shyness.
The identification and evaluation of self-selected strategies for seeking happiness.
Introduction to Psychology.
Psychology of Personality.
Career Planning for Psychology Majors.
The development of pedagogy for teaching personality psychology.
The assessment of college-to-workplace readiness for psychology majors.
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Carducci B. J. & Zimbardo P. G. (1995, November/ December) “Are you shy?”, Psychology Today, pp. 34-41, 64, 66, 68, 70, 78, 82;
- Carducci B. J. (1999) The Pocket guide to making successful small talk: How to talk to anyone anytime anywhere about anything. New Albany: Pocket Guide Publishing. [Also published in Korean];
- Carducci B. J. (2000) Shyness: A bold new approach. New York: HarperCollins Publishers. [Also published in paperback and translated into Dutch, German, Korean, Spanish, Polish & Portuguese];
- Carducci B. J. (2009) The psychology of personality: Viewpoints, research, and applications (2nd ed.) Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell;
- Carducci B. J. (2009) “What shy individuals do to cope with their shyness: A content analysis and evaluation of self-selected coping strategies” Israel Journal of Journal of Psychiatry and Related Sciences, Vol. 46, pp. 45-52;
- Carducci B. J. & Traughber B. D. (2012) “Instrumental goal pursuit as an individual-difference dimension in the seeking of happiness”, Journal of the Indiana Academy of the Social Sciences, Vol. 15, pp. 56-73;
- Wong A. & Carducci B. J. (2013) “Does personality affect personal financial risk tolerance behavior?”, The IUP Journal of Applied Finance, Vol. 91, pp. 5-18.