EDUCATION AND CAREER
José Muñiz is Professor of Psychometrics at the University of Oviedo, Spain. Before Oviedo he worked at the University Complutense of Madrid, and University of Balearic Islands. He developed research at the University of Masachusetts at Amherst with grants from the Fulbright Program and the Spanish Ministry of Science.
He was President of the Scientific Committee of several international conferences, he is the founder and Editor of the Journal Psicothema, President or the International Test Commission (ITC) 2004-06, President of the European Association of Methodology. 2008-2012, President of the Spanish Association of Methodology of Behavioral Sciences (1999-2003), and Convener of the European Task Force on Tests and Testing (EFPA).
He has carried out different research projects funded by national and international institutions. His research interests are mainly concentrated in Psychometrics, both Classical and Item Response Theory, and Psychological and Educational Assessment. He has published six books and more than 150 papers in prestigious national and international journals. He has contributed with more than 200 presentations in national and international Conferences.
He has developed different administrative, academic and scientific posts at the universities he has worked: Chair of Psychology Department (University of Balearic Islands), Chair of the Philosophy and Psychology Department (University of Oviedo), Vice-rector of Teacher affairs (University of Oviedo,1992-96), Member of the Asturian Regional Committee of Reseach, President of the Consejo Asesor de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica (CAICYT) of the Principality of Asturias, Dean of the Faculty of Psychology, University of Oviedo, and Member of the Board of Trustees, University of Oviedo.
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Evers, A., Muñiz, J., Bartram, D., Boben, D., Egeland, J., Fernández-Hermida, J. R., et al. (2012). Testing practices in the 21st Century: Developments and European Psychologists’s opinions. European Psychologist, 17(4), 300-319.
- Muñiz, J., Elosua, P., & Hambleton, R.K. (2013). Directrices para la traducción y adaptación de los tests: segunda edición [International Test Commission Guidelines for test translation and adaptation: Second edition]. Psicothema, 25(2), 151-157.
- Evers, A., Muñiz, J., Hagemeister, C., Hostmaelingen, A., Lindley, P., Sjoberg, A., & Bartram, D. (2013). Assessing the quality of tests: Revision of the EFPA review model. Psicothema, 25(3), 293-201.
- Fonseca, E., Paino, M., Lemos, S., & Muñiz, J. (2013). Maladaptive personality traits in adolescence: Psychometric properties of the Personality Diagnostic Questionnaire-4+. International Journal of Clinical and Health Psychology, 13, 207-215.
- Fonseca, E., Menéndez, L. F., Paino, M., Lemos, S., & Muñiz J (2013). Development of a Computerized Adaptive Test for Schizotypy Assessment. PLoS ONE 8(9): e73201. doi:10.1371