EDUCATION AND CAREER
Degree in Psychology University of Buenos Aires
PhD Psychology University of Buenos Aires
Specialization in psychometrics CONICET (National Council of Scientfic and Technical Research)
CONICET Scholarship to study Cognitive processes and personality
Superior research of CONICET
Director of the Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Mathematics and Experimental Psychology (CIIPME-CONICET)
Director of the Doctorates in Psychology and in Psychopedagogy in the Pontifical Argentine Catholic University
Editor and Director of Interdisciplinary Journal of Psychology & Allied Sciences
The main focus of my studies is in parenting, stress, coping, attachment, and social cognitive variables as empathy and prosocial behavior in children and adolescents. For the last fifteen years I has been deeply interested in the study of problems of children at risk for poverty and I am currently involved in several projects related to children’s development including collaborative work with researchers of the University of Valencia to carry out a Transcultural Project of Intervention with children in situation of social risk and poverty, and in several projects examining attachment, empathy, and prosocial behavior in children and adolescents.
Postgraduate courses in Methodology and Psychometrics in CIIPME-CONICET and in the Psychology Doctorate Program of UCA.
Holder Exclusive Guest Professor in the Psychology Doctorate, Faculty of Human Sciences at the National University of San Luis, Argentina.
Postgraduate course in study and evaluation of coping and prosocial behavior in children and adolescents in the Mastery of Psychological Assessment, Faculty of Psychology at the University of Buenos Aires.
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Richaud de Minzi, M.C. (1991) Age changes in childrens’ beliefs of internal-external control. Journal of Genetic Psychology, 152 (2), 217-224.
- Richaud de Minzi, M. C. (enero-febrero 2010). Gender and Cultural Patterns of Fathers’ Attachment: Links with Children’s Self Competence, Depression and Loneliness in Childhood. Special Issue Title: Fathering and Attachment in Context: Patterns across the Lifespan. Early Child Development and Care, 180(1 & 2), 193 – 209.
- Richaud de Minzi, M. C., Mesurado, B., & Lemos, V. (2013). Links between perception of parental actions and prosocial behavior in early adolescence. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 22(5), 637-646.
- Richaud de Minzi, M. C. (2013). Children perception of parental empathy in relation with children empathy. The Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied, 147(6), 1-14.
- Richaud, M. C. (Noviembre 2013). Contributions to the study and promotion of resilience in socially vulnerable children. American Psychologist, 68(8), 751-758.
- Richaud, M. C., Mestre, M. V., Lemos, V., Samper, P., Ghiglione, M., & Tur, A. (2013). La influencia de la cultura en los estilos parentales en contextos de vulnerabilidad social [The culture influence on parental styles in contexts of social vulnerability]. Avances de Psicología Latinoamericana, 31(2), 419-431.