EDUCATION AND CAREER
Prof. Remo Job graduated in Psicologia at UniversitĂ of Padova (1975) an subsequently at the University of California, San Diego (1975-1976); he attended courses at the Summer Linguistic Institute, Linguistic Society of America, College Park, Maryland, 1982 and at the NATO Advanced Study Institute on Dyslexia, Maratea, 1982.
Since 2012 he is Head of Department of Psychology and Cognitive Sciences at University of Trento. He also filled the following positions:
2005-2010 Dean of the Faculty of Cognitive Sciences, University of Trento;
2004-2007 Coordinator of the Doctoral School in Science of Cognition and Education, University of Trento;
2001-2004 Coordinator of the Research Doctorate in Cognitive Sciences, University of Padova;
1999- 2009 Director of the Graduate School for Secondary Education, University of Trento;
1990-1995 Director of Department of Psychology of Development and Socialization, University of Padova.
Prof. Job is member of the EuroPsy European Awarding Committee (2009) and of the Science Committee of the European Federation of Psychology Associations (EFPA) (2006); he is also director of the Giornale Italiano di Psicologia (2006). He filled the positions of President of the Italian Association of Psychology (1993-2000), and of the European workgroup Europsy (1999-2009) as well as Associate Editor of the European Journal of Cognitive Psychology (1998-2000) European Psychologist (1996-2003).
Prof. Job is interested in the following research fields: psycholinguistics (lexical access, lexical semantics, phrasal analysis); memory and cognitive processes, neuropsychology of language (dyslexia, aphasia, knowledge disorders).
Prof. Job is Professor of Psycholinguistics at University of Trento since 2004. He filled the positions of Professor of Psycholinguistics at University of Padova (1989-2004); Professor of Psychology at University of Sassari (1986-1989); Professor of Psycholinguistics at University of Padova (1979-1986).
Most important articles and publications:
- L. Canavesio, S. Sulpizio, R. Job (in press) â€ť Arithmetic facts and language of acquisition effect in primary school childrenâ€ť in: Cambridge Scholars Publishing;
- S. Sulpizio, R. Job, (in press) â€śSyllable Frequency and Stress Priming Interact in Reading Italian Aloud.â€ť in Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, Austin: Cognitive Science Society, p. 1402-1407. - ISBN: 9780976831891. Atti di: CogSci2013, Berlino, 31th July-3rd August
- S. Sulpizio, F. Vespignani, R. Job (in press) â€śThe time course of lexical stress activation revealed by Event-related brain potentials. [Abstract]â€ť in International Journal of Psychophysiology;
- S. Dellantonio, R. Job, C. Mulatti, (2014) â€śImageability: now you see it again (albeit in a different form)â€ť in Frontiers in Psychology, v. 5, p. 1-2. - DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00279;
- S. Dellantonio, C. Mulatti, L. Pastore, R. Job (2014) â€śMeasuring inconsistencies can lead you forward: Imageability and the x-ception theoryâ€ť in Frontiers in Psychology, v. 2014, vol. 5, n. article 708. - URL: http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00708/full . - DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00708;
- S. Dellantonio, C. Mulatti, R. Job, (2013) â€śArtifact and tool categorizationâ€ť in Review of Philosophy and Psychology, v. 4, p. 407-418. - DOI: 10.1007/s13164-013-0140-9;
- P. Ghislandi, J. Raffaghelli, R. Job (2013) â€śOpening-up higher education. A case studyâ€ť in Smart learning for the next generation. The big picture in education. Think globallyâ€¦act locally., Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: IEEE, 2013, p. 42-45. Atti di: IC13-International iCampus Symposium. The Intelligent Campus, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 24-25 Novembre 2013. - URL: http://www.intelligentcampus.org;
- T. Cerni, R. Job (2013) â€śTechnology and Cognition: Does the Device We Use Constrain the Way We Retrieve Word Meanings?Active Media Technologyâ€ť in Active Media Technology - 9th International Conference, AMT 2013, Maebashi, Japan, October 29-31, 2013, Proceedings, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, 2013, p. 251-257. - (LECTURE NOTES IN COMPUTER SCIENCE). - ISBN: 9783319027494. Atti di: AMT, Maebashi, 29th-31th October 2013. - DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-02750-0_26;
- T. Cerni, R. Job (2012) â€śCognitive-Educational Constraints for Socially-Relevant MALL Technologiesâ€ť in Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology (WI-IAT), 2012 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conferences on (Vol.: 3): Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ( IEEE ), 2012, p. 316-320. - ISBN: 9781467360579. Atti di: WI-IAT, Macau, China, 4-7/12/2012. - DOI: 10.1109/WI-IAT.2012.117;
- G. Zucco, R. Job (2012) â€śInvariance in perception: the boundary between illusions and ambiguities in olfactionâ€ť in Consciousness and Cognition, v. 21, p. 589-592.