EDUCATION AND CAREER
Dr Zucconi, born in Florence, Italy the 31 st of May, 1946, a clinical psychologist, person centered psychotherapist was a student and collaborator of the late Dr. Carl Rogers. Dr. Zucconi is the president and cofounder with Carl Rogers and Charles Devonshire of the Person-Centered Approach Institute (IACP), a non profit international organization, dedicated to research in human behaviour and the training of professionals with the Person Centered Approch. IACP is a World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for research, training and consulting in Health Promotion at the workplace in Italy and the Host Institution for the SOLVE programs (psychosocial issues at work) of the International Labour Office (ILO) in Italy. A member of the Inter University Center (IUC), a center of the World Academy of Art and Science and a charter member of the World University Consortium.,
Dr. Zucconi was a faculty member of the Western Behavioural Science Institute (WBSI) in La Jolla, CA., collaborated as a member of staff of the Carl Rogers’ Peace Institute with the United Nations University for Peace on cross-cultural communication and conflict resolution meetings with heads of state and diplomats. He has been working internationally for 35 years as a trainer, lecturer and consultant for public and private organizations.
Dr. Zucconi is a member of the Italian Guild of Psychologist, an international affiliate of the American Psychological association, a member of S.P.R., SEPI, of the World Association of Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapies and Counselling, past-president of the Italian Association of Humanistic Psychology, president of the Italian Association of the Person Centered Approach (ACP), founder and president of the Coordinamento Nazionale Scuole di Psicoterapia (CNSP), an umbrella organization of 156 psychotherapy training schools in Italy; Dr. Zucconi is one of the founders and national secretary of the Società Italiana Psicoterapia (SIPSIC). Alberto is a member of the faculty of the Western Behavioral Science Institute, a fellow of the International Leadership Forum, a fellow and a trustee member of the World Academy of Art and Science (WAAS) and Secretary General of the World University Consortium (WUC).
Dr. Zucconi has designed and directed several research project, among the last research projects the FOLIC Project, on the promotion of health of workers over 45, financed by the Leonardo da Vinci Program of the European Union; the project of the promotion of self esteem and self efficacy of students of the Italian Education system for the Italian Ministry of Health and the IPEPPT, an international research project on the effectiveness of psychotherapy and psychotherapy training programs of which Dr. Zucconi is the originator with Dr. Robert Elliott (www.ipeppt.net).
The American Psychological Association, Division 32, gave to the Istituto dell’Approccio Centrato sulla Persona (IACP) and to Alberto Zucconi the Charlotte and Karl Bühler Award for 2012. This award is given to an institution, and an individual associated with an institution, that has made an outstanding and lasting contribution to humanistic psychology.
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
Dr. Zucconi has authored several articles, book chapters and books on Psychology, Psychotherapy and Health Promotion.
- Zucconi, A. & Greggio, G. (2009). La costruzione del setting secondo il paradigma rogersiano. In: Loriedo, C. Ed. Il setting in psicoterapia. Franco Angeli, Roma;
- Elliott, R. & Zucconi, A. (2009). Organization and Conceptual Framework for Practice-Based Research on the Effectiveness of Psychotherapy and Psychotherapy Training. In M. Barkham, G. Hardy, & J. Mellor-Clark (Eds.). A core approach to delivering practice-based evidence in counselling and the psychological therapies. Chicester, UK: Wiley & Sons;
- Zucconi, A. (2009). La ricerca sull’efficacia della psicoterapia e sull’efficacia della formazione in psicoterapia: un progetto internazionale. In: Giannone, G. e Lo Verso, G. e Sperandeo, A. Ed. La psicoterapia e la sua valutazione. Un confronto internazionale. Roma, Franco Angeli;
- Vaccari,V. Zucconi, A. (2009). “ La Terapia Centrata sulla Persona di Carl Rogers” In. Zerbetto, R., Il Panorama delle Psicoterapie, Franco Angeli, Roma;
- Zucconi, A, & Verlato, L.M. & Anfossi, M. ( 2009), “La relazione medico paziente”. La Meridiana, Bari;
- Zucconi, A. & Greggio, G. (2009). La costruzione del setting secondo il paradigma rogersiano. In Loriedo, C. Ed. Il setting in psicoterapia. Franco Angeli, Roma;
- Zucconi, A. (in stampa) “ Il paradigma Rogersiano” In: Petrini, P. & Zucconi, A. Il trattamento della depressione Ed. Alpes Edizioni, Roma;
- Zucconi, A. & Dattola, G. (2008) “La relazione terapeutica nella terapia Centrata sul Cliente” In: Petrini,P. & Zucconi, A. Ed. La relazione che guarisce, Alpes Edizioni. Roma;
- Elliott, R. & Zucconi, A. (2009). Organization and Conceptual Framework for Practice-Based Research on the Effectiveness of Psychotherapy and Psychotherapy Training. In M. Barkham, G. Hardy, & J. Mellor-Clark (Eds.). A core approach to delivering practice-based evidence in counselling and the psychological therapies. Chicester, UK:Wiley & Sons;
- Zucconi, A. & Sulprizio, G. (2010). Revisione e traduzione versione Italiana del manuale formatori e del manuale partecipanti Corsi di formazione SOLVE (problemi psicosociali nei luoghi di lavoro) dell’International Labour Organization (ILO);
- Zucconi, A. (2011). La sociologia della diagnosi: Una visone critica dei limiti passati e presenti della diagnosi nell’ottica della Psicoterapia Centrata sul Cliente di Carl Rogers. In: Atti congresso FIAP, Roma, Franco Angeli;
- Zucconi, A. (2011) la Psicoterapia Centrata sul Cliente. In: Dizionario di Psicoterapia, a cura di Salvini, A. e Nardone, G. Milano, Garzanti Libri;
- Zucconi, A (2011) The Politics of the helping relationships: Carl Rogers contributions . Journal of the World Association for Person- Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counseling, Volume, 10 N.1 March 201. pp. 2-10;
- Zucconi, A. e Silani, G. (2011). L’ecologia relazionale in psicoterapia: insigth dalle neuroscienze per la Psicoterapia Centrata sulla Persona. In: Petrini, P. e Zucconi, A., Psicoterapie e Neuroscienze, Roma, Alpes Editore;
- Petrini,P. & Zucconi, A. Eds. (2011). Psicoterapie e Neuroscienze. Roma, Alpes Edizioni;
- Zucconi, A.ed. (2013). La formazione in Psicoterapia. Roma, Alpes.