EDUCATION AND CAREER
Claudio Bosio is the Dean of the Faculty of Psychology at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (since 2008) He is also scientific director of the II level Executive Master Program in “Qualitative research applied to marketing and society” (since 2006). At the same university, he has been the coordinator of the Doctoral School of Psychology (from 2008 to 2013). He has worked with Gfk Eurisko (institute of social market research) as a researcher, as the director of research departments, and in managerial roles (vice-president from 1998 to 2010). At Gfk Eurisko he developed a wide range of national and international research projects for private and public clients. He was also the Director of the Study and Training Centre of the ASSIRM (an association of market research, opinion survey and social research institutes) from 2006 to 2011.
Claudio Bosio is currently the Dean of the Faculty of Psychology at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore and the President of the Italian Academic Psychology Council (since 2014). At the same university, he is the coordinator of the Doctoral School of Psychology (since 2008) and scientific director of the II level Executive Master Program in “Qualitative research applied to marketing and society” (since 2006). Since 2011 he is the editor of the journal Micro&Macro Marketing.
He is the author of around two hundred scientific publications, mainly in the area of applied psycho-social research. His main research interests are the following: consumption (sentiment, contexts, models, trends), marketing research (methods), social communication (public issues, impact, social networks), medical practices (professional styles, practices, and knowledge building), health cultures (patient engagement in healthcare, models of care and prevention, active and healthy ageing), healthcare organizations (perceived quality, networks), work and professions (job insecurity, professionalization of psychology)
He is currently full professor of “Psychology of Marketing and Consumption” and “Psycho-Social Research applied to Organizations and Marketing” at the Faculty of Psychology at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore.
Most important articles and publications
1. Bosio, A.C., Graffigna, G., & Scaratti, G. (2012). Knowing, learning and acting in health care organizations and services: challenges and opportunities for qualitative research. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management, 7(3), p. 256-274, ISSN: 1746-5648.
2. Lozza E, Libreri C, Bosio Ac (2013). Temporay employment, job insecurity, and their organizational outcomes. Economic and Industrial Democracy, 34 (1), p. 89-105, ISSN: 0143-831X, doi: 10.1177/0143831X12436617
3. Graffigna, G., Vegni, E., Barello, S., Olson, K., & Bosio, A.C. (2011) Studying the social construction of cancer-related fatigue experience: The heuristic value of Ethnoscience, Patient Education and Counseling 82(3), 402–409
4. Graffigna, G., Barello, S., Libreri, C., & Bosio, C. A. (2014). How to engage type-2 diabetic patients in their own health management: implications for clinical practice. BMC Public Health, 14(1), 648.
5. Graffigna, G., Barello, S., Triberti, S., Wiederhold, B. K., Bosio, A. C., & Riva, G. (2013). Enabling eHealth as a Pathway for Patient Engagement: a Toolkit for Medical Practice. Studies in health technology and informatics, 199, 13-21.
6. Lozza, E., Carrera, S., & Bosio, A. C. (2010). Perceptions and outcomes of a fiscal bonus: Framing effects on evaluations and usage intentions. Journal of Economic Psychology, 31(3), 400-404.
7. Bosio, A. C. (Ed.). (2004). Professioni psicologiche e professionalizzazione della psicologia (Vol. 241). FrancoAngeli.
8. Bosio, C. A. (2012). Percorsi dell’applicare: considerazioni e intrecci da un punto di vista psicologico-organizzativo. Risorsa Uomo.