EDUCATION AND CAREER
1996. Phd in Psychology at the University of Rome – “Sapienza”
1999-2001. Researcher (Assistant Professor) in Psychometrics at the University of Rome “Sapienza”.
2001-2009. Associate Professor in Psychometrics at the Faculty of Psychology 2- University of Rome “Sapienza”.
2010 Full professor in Psychometrics at the Faculty of Medicine and Psychology - University of Rome “Sapienza”.
I am in the Managing Councils of the following scientific societies:
Associazione Italiana di Psicologia (Italian Psychological Association)
Società Italiana di Psicologia dell’Invecchiamento (Italian Society for Psychology of Aging)
International Society of Sport Psychology.
I am the Director of the Inter-University Center “Mind in Sport”, a network founded by scholars in sport psychology from eight of the most prestigious Italian State Universities.
I am in the editorial board of several international scientific journals.
I am a research professor with diverse research interests in the areas of health and sport psychology. My main focus is the processes involved in people’s “self-regulation” of health behaviour. I am author of more than 200 publications in the areas of Sport Psychology, Health Psychology, Psychometrics. I have research collaborations in Australia, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, the United Kingdom., the United States, and, of course, Italy.
I am the teaching referent of bachelor-level degree courses in Sport Psychology and Psychometrics; I direct the PhD Program in Social Psychology, Developmental Psychology and Educational Research; I am member of the Quality Team at the Sapienza – University of Rome.
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Mallia L., Zelli A. & Lucidi F. (2013) “Doping attitudes and the use of legal and illegal performance-enhancing substances among Italian adolescents”, Journal of Child and Adolescent Substance Abuse, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 345-370.
- Lucidi F., Mallia. L., Violani C., Giustiniani G. & Persia L. (2012) “The contribution of sleep-related risk factors on diurnal car accidents”, Accident Analysis and Prevention, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2012.11.015
- Lindwall M., Barkoukis V., Grano C., Lucidi F., Raudsepp L., Liukkonen J. & Thøgersen-Ntoumani, C. (2011) “Method effects: The problem with negatively versus positively keyed items”, Journal of Personality Assessment, Vol. 94, Issue 2, pp. 196-204, DOI: 10.1080/00223891.2011.645936
- Thøgersen-Ntoumani C., Barkoukis V., Grano C., Lucidi F., Lindwall M., Luikkonen J., Raudsepp L. & Young W. (2011) “Health and well-being profiles of older European adults”, European Journal of Ageing, Vol. 8, pp. 75-85
- Zelli A., Lucidi F., Mallia L., Giannini A.M. & Sgalla R. (2012) “Adolescents’ legality representations and crime reporting”, Psychology, Crime and Law, Vol.19, Issue 4, pp. 345-370, DOI:10.1080/1068316X.2011.639770