EDUCATION AND CAREER
Lycee Francais Charles De Gaulle (1974-1983), French Baccalaureate;
Bedford College - University of London (1983-1986), BSc Psychology;
Antioch University - Regent’s College (1989-1990), MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling (integrative training);
Cambridge University (1990-1991), MPhil in Psychopathology;
British Psychological Society (1990-1993), Diploma in Counselling Psychology (1992);
British Association of Psychotherapists (1992 -1998), Senior Member (awarded the Lady Balogh Prize for qualifying paper);
British Psychoanalytic Society (2002-2005), Psychoanalyst (2005) – Fellow, British Psychoanalytic Society (since 2009).
Director, Psychological Therapies Development Unit, Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust;
General Editor, New Library of Psychoanalysis, Routledge;
Regional Editor, International Journal of Psychoanalysis;
Visiting Professor, Research Department of Clinical, Health and Educational Psychology, University College London;
Visiting Professor of Psychological Therapies, School of Health and Human Sciences, University of Essex.
Adolescence, the body, short-term psychodynamic interventions.
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Lemma, A, (2014). Minding the Body. London: Routledge;
- Lemma, A. (2012) Contemporary Developments In Adult and Young Adult Therapy: the Work of the Tavistock and Portman Clinics (London: Karnac Books);
- Lemma, A. & Caparrotta, L. (Eds.) (2012). Psychoanalysis in The Technoculture Era. London: Routledge;
- Lemma, A., Target, M., Fonagy, P. (2011) Brief Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy: A Clinician’s Guide (Oxford: OUP);
- Lemma, A. (2011) Sotto la Pelle. Milan: Cortina Raffaele;
- Lemma, A. (2010) Under the Skin: A Psychoanalytic Study of Body Modification (London: Routledge).