EDUCATION AND CAREER
1971: Diploma Psychologist, Faculty of Psychology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia;
1971-1974: Research Fellow, Dept. of Work and Engineering Psychology, Faculty of Psychology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia (1974 – Ph. D. in Work and Organizational Psychology);
1974-1994: Research Fellow/ Senior Lecture, Department of Work and Engineering Psychology Designing The Best Food Storage System For Kitchen Cabinets, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia (1989 – Dr. Habil in Work and Engineering Psychology);
1994-2010: Member of the IAAP Board of Directors;
Since 1995: Full Professor in Work and Engineering Psychology, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Head of the Laboratory of Work Psychology, Faculty of Psychology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
- Supervisor of Magister program “Organizational Psychology”, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
- Supervisor of Student Specialization “Organizational Consulting”, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
- Coordinator of the Division “Psychology of Self-Regulation”, Russian Physiological Society
Research interests, the main focus of your studies:
Work and Organizational Psychology; Cognitive Ergonomics; Workability and Human Functional States; Human-Computer Interface Design; Psychodiagnostics of Fatigue; Occupational Stress and Personnel Well-being; Cognitive Resources Allocation in Demanding Work Conditions; Self-Regulation Training and Implementation of Health Promotion Programs; Psychology of Critical Situations and Accidents, Organizational Changes in Dynamic Social Environment, Individual stress-resistance and Coping with Extreme Life Events; Implementation of Complex Psychological Technologies for Stress Assessment and Prevention in Different Job Setting
Teaching and main courses:
- Organizational Psychology (main course)
- Psychology of Stress (maim course)
- Human Functional States at Work (main course for students’ specialization)
- Psychology of Occupational Health (main course for students’ specialization)
- Introduction to Work and Organizational Psychology (obligatory course for postgraduate students)
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Leonova A.B. (1996). “Occupational stress, personnel adaptation, and health”. In: Spielberger Ch.D., Sarason I.G. (Eds.), Stress and emotion. Anxiety, anger, and curiosity, Vol. 16, Washington, DC: Taylor & Francis, pp. 109-125;
- De Keyser, V. & Leonova A.B. (Eds.) (2001). Error prevention and well-being at work in Western Europe and Russia: Psychological traditions and new trends. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 265 p.;
- Leonova A.B. (2003). “Functional status and regulatory processes in stress management”. In G.R.J. Hockey et al. (Eds.). Operator functional state. NATO Science Series. Amsterdam: IOS Press, pp. 36-52;
- Leonova A.B., Kuznetsova A.S., Barabanshchikova V.V. (2012). “Job Specificity in Human Functional State Optimization by Means of Self-Regulation Training”. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Published by Elsevier Ltd, v. 86, pp. 29-34.
- Leonova A.B. (2014). Organizational psychology. Textbook. Moscow: Academia, 428 p.