EDUCATION AND CAREER
Degree in Pedagogy.
Full Professor of Social Psychology.
Deputy-President of A.I.P. (Association of Italian Psychology).
Coordinator Section of Psychology, Department of Educational Sciences, University of Catania.
Past-Dean of the Interfaculty School of Psychology, University of Catania.
Member of the Board of International Journal of Developmental and Educational Psychology.
Member of the Board of Giornale di Psicologia, giornaledipsicologia.it.
Member of the Board of Rivista di Psicologia di Comunità.
Social Identity and Ingroup/Outgroup Relationships.
The Mediterranean as Potential Community.
Conctact hypothesis and reduction of prejudices.
Psychosocial questions of disability and old age.
- Searching for Neighbours: Dynamics, of Phisical and Mental Bordersin New Europe, 6th Framework Programme EUROPEAN COMMISSION, 2007;
- Life Learning Programme, Leonardo da Vinci, Transfer of Innovation, Application Form 2008;
- Life Learning Programme, Project Grundtvig 2013-2015: Improving digital skills of European citizens seniors and disabled: a work program.
University of: Catania, Palermo, Messina, Enna, Firenze, Bergamo, Cosenza, Salamanca, Badajoz and Caseres, MSU.
Teacher of: Social Psychology; Psychology of Attitudes; Psychology of Institutions; Psycholoy of Community; Psychology of Social Groups; Tecniques of Interview and Questionnaire.
MOST IMPORTANT ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Licciardello O. (1994) Gli strumenti psicosociali nella ricerca e nell’intervento. Premesse epistemologiche e dimensioni applicative, Angeli, Milano;
- Licciardello O. (2001) Il piccolo gruppo psicologico. Teoria e applicazioni, Angeli, Milano;
- Immigrazione, acculturazione, modalità di contatto, con Capozza D., Brown R., Franco Angeli Editore, Milano 2007;
- Licciardello O. (2012) “Gender differences and attitudes in entrepreneurial intentions: the role of career choice”, Journal of Women’s Entrepreneurship and Education, Vol. 14, Issue 1-2, ISSN 1821-1283, pp. 7-27;
- Licciardello O. (2012) “The psychosocial dimension of ageing: A research project with Italian elders, caregivers and young people and also Spanish elders”, International Journal of Developmental and Educational Psychology, Anno XXIV, Vol. 3, Issue 1, ISSN: 02149877, pp.403-410;
- Licciardello O. (2013) “Bilingualism: Education practises and identity development. A study with mixed couples”, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 84, 9 July 2013, pp. 1067-1071;
- Licciardello O. (2013) “Attention towards the sexuality of men with intellectual disability: the effect of social dominance orientation”, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 84, 9 July 2013, pp. 1194-1198.