THOUGHTS FOR FOOD – SHORT MOVIE CONTEST
The ECP 2015 gives students, young professionals and researchers a chance to participate in a short movie contest. The focus is THOUGHTS FOR FOOD. We challenge participants to choose a central concept of psychology in the field of nutrition for bodies and minds. Express your creative vision towards a short movie on what catch you more. Knowledge sharing, learning by doing, and enjoy yourself while creating your visual footprint. The most outstanding entries will be shown at the internal courtyard, first floor, U6 building.
o SCIENTIFIC RELEVANCE
o PSYCHOSOCIAL IMPACT
o VISUAL COMMUNICATION
o ESTHETIC AND ENTERTAINING VALUE
1st June 2015
The contest winner will receive a 400 € scholarship.
The best five videos will be projected during ECP young event, on 8th July 2015.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR MOVIE
When you are ready to submit your work, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the object “Thoughts for Food”. An automatic reply will provide you all the info you need to upload your movie and the disclosure form you must complete and sign in order to participate to the contest.
ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- This Contest is open to all the European Congress of Psychology 2015 participants younger than 35 year.
- Each participant cannot submit more than one movie.
- All Submissions should be in .mpg, .mpeg, .avi, .divx, .mp4, .flv, .wmv, .mov, or .asf format, no larger than 120 MB in size.
- The Movie length must not exceed 5 minutes.
- The spoken language does not have to be English as long as there are English subtitles accompanying the film. The movie could be also mute.
- All Submissions must be received by the end of the Submission Period at 09:00 p.m. on June 1st 2015.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable European and Italian laws.
- All Submissions must be original work, true and verifiable, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. By making a Submission in this Contest, you represent and warrant that you are the sole creator of the Movie submitted and that you own all right, title and interest in and to, or have the valid right to use, all material contained in your Submission.
- Participant should be able to provide all necessary third party authorizations, consents, releases or written permissions to evidence its compliance with these Submission Guidelines.
- If any minor appears in your Movie, Participant must have his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s written permission to submit the Submission.
Submissions should not contain any of the following:
- stock/file Movie or photo footage or any footage that is not originally created material without the necessary licenses, rights, releases, consents, and written permissions;
- patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (including music, audio or video works, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without the necessary licenses, rights, releases, consents, and written permissions;
- names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or deceased, without the necessary licenses, rights, releases, consents, and written permission;
- images of any locations or property without the necessary licenses, rights, releases, consents, and written permission;
- commercial endorsements, advertisements or solicitations;
- content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- content promoting any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- content that is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- content that appears to duplicate any other Submission;
- content that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- content that violates any law, or is obscene or inappropriate.
Any Submission that does not comply with the requirements set forth in these Submission Guidelines may be disqualified or may be required to become compliant with these requirements before advancing to the contest.
By uploading a movie, participant hereby grants permission for the movie itself to be posted on the ECP Site or other websites connected to ECP conference, as well as to be projected during ECP young events.
The judging panel will watch all Submissions and will judge them on the basis of originality, creativity, scientific relevance, psychosocial impact, visual communication, esthetic and entertaining value, and compliance with the Submission Guidelines. Five finalists will be selected and their movies will be projected at internal courtyard, first floor (U6 building) where the audience will choose the winner.